19 October 2010

The information comes rolling in

So, just when I thought I was running short on leads again. . . I started going through the informative Family History Lessons HERE. They have links to lessons that help you in researching family ties from various countries, Poland included. I've only gotten through one complete lesson, but it already has resulted in more names to go through. There are many relatives that we only have the names of and not any actual record of, so I hope that some of the Ellis Island records I just discovered will help me with that.

My latest link discovery, thanks to the beta site of Family Search is http://stevemorse.org/ Going through this site, you get a lot more options on how to search out your ancestors. I went from finding a handful of possible leads and names to about fifty. Maybe more. I haven't been able to go through them all yet. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I'd like to say...